For research use only. We do not sell to patients.
CAS No. : 146-48-5
Biological Activity：Yohimbine is a potent and relatively nonselective alpha 2-adrenergic
receptor (AR) antagonist, with IC50 of 0.6 μM.
IC50 value: 0.6 uM 
Target: alpha 2-adrenergic receptor
in vitro: Yohimbine inhibits alpha2-receptor antagonist with Ki of 1.05 nM, 1.19 nM, and 1.19 nM for α2A, α2B, α2C, respectively. Yohimbine also inhibits 5-HT1B with Ki of 19.9 nM. Yohimbine acts to block the lowering of cAMP by alpha-2 adrenoceptor agonists. yohimbine actually causes a pronounced lowering of tyrosinase activity. 
in vivo: Yohimbine is an antagonist at alpha2-noradrenaline receptors with putative panicogenic effects in human subjects, was administered to Swiss-Webster mice at doses of 0.5, 1.0, and 2.0 mg/kg. Yohimbine potentiates active defensive responses to threatening stimuli in Swiss-Webster mice.
Research Area：Neurological Disease|Endocrinology
Related Screening Libraries:Natural Product Library Plus;Drug Repurposing Compound Library Plus;FDA-Approved Drug Library Plus;FDA-Approved Drug Library Mini;Bioactive Compound Library Plus;GPCR/G Protein Compound Library;Neuronal Signaling Compound Library;Natural Product Library;FDA-Approved Drug Library;Drug Repurposing Compound Library;Endocrinology Compound Library;Neurotransmitter Receptor Compound Library;Traditional Chinese Medicine Active Compound Library;FDA Approved & Pharmacopeial Drug Library;Anti-Alzheimer’s Disease Compound Library;Alkaloids Library;Drug-Induced Liver Injury (DILI) Compound Library;Neurodegenerative Disease-related Compound Library;Rare Diseases Drug Library;Antidepressant Compound Library;Plant-Sourced Natural Product Library;EMA-Approved Drug Library;Human Metabolite Library;
Related Small Molecules:Todralazine;ARC 239 dihydrochloride;Glaucine;Salbutamol;BI-167107;Talibegron hydrochloride;Arotinolol;SR59230A;Higenamine hydrochloride;Navafenterol saccharinate;Isoprenaline hydrochloride;Bevantolol;Zilpaterol-d7;Ritanserin;A55453;Povafonidine;β3-AR agonist 1;Tulobuterol;AGN 192836;KUC-7322;Oxyfedrine;Urapidil hydrochloride;Detomidine hydrochloride;Oxprenolol-d7 hydrochloride;Nicergoline;Synephrine hemitartrate;ADRA1D receptor antagonist 1;Solabegron
- MedChemExpress (MCE) offers a wide range of high-quality research chemicals and biochemicals (novel life-science reagents, reference compounds and natural compounds) for scientific use；
- Structurally and synthetically diverse biologically active compounds；
- roduct quality is the key to our success and we take pride in offering only the highest-grade products.；
- We provide HNMR, LC-MS, HPLC, stability testing and activity assays of our products to clients.；
- Product identity, quality, purity and activity are assured by our robust quality control programs and procedures.；
- Customized order volume ranging from milligrams to kilograms scale；
Structurally and synthetically diverse biologically active compounds；
We provide customer-oriented services. To explore more, please contact us at [email protected]. Our team will gladly assist you.