For research use only. We do not sell to patients.
CAS No. : 130929-57-6
Biological Activity：Entacapone is a potent, reversible, peripherally acting and orally active catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) inhibitor. Entacapone inhibits COMT from rat brain, erythrocytes and liver with IC50 values of 10 nM, 20 nM, and 160 nM, respectively. Entacapone is selective for COMT over other catecholamine metabolizing enzymes, including MAO-A, MAO-B, phenolsulphotransferase M (PST-M) and PST-P (IC50s>50 µM). Entacapone can be used for the research of Parkinson’s disease. Entacapone serves as a inhibitor of FTO demethylation with an IC50 of 3.5 μM, can be used for the research of metabolic disorders.
Research Area：Neurological Disease
Related Screening Libraries:Covalent Screening Library Plus;Drug Repurposing Compound Library Plus;FDA-Approved Drug Library Plus;FDA-Approved Drug Library Mini;Bioactive Compound Library Plus;Metabolism/Protease Compound Library;Neuronal Signaling Compound Library;FDA-Approved Drug Library;Anti-Cancer Compound Library;Drug Repurposing Compound Library;Covalent Screening Library;Anti-COVID-19 Compound Library;Orally Active Compound Library;FDA Approved & Pharmacopeial Drug Library;Drug-Induced Liver Injury (DILI) Compound Library;Anti-Parkinson’s Disease Compound Library;Neurodegenerative Disease-related Compound Library;Targeted Diversity Library;Rare Diseases Drug Library;Protein-protein Interaction Inhibitor Library;EMA-Approved Drug Library;FDA-Approved Anticancer Drug Library;Human Metabolite Library;
Related Small Molecules:Nebicapone;Nitecapone;hMAO-B/MB-COMT-IN-2;Opicapone;Flopropione;Rosmarinic acid;5-Hydroxyferulic acid;Ro 41-0960;hMAO-B/MB-COMT-IN-1
- MedChemExpress (MCE) offers a wide range of high-quality research chemicals and biochemicals (novel life-science reagents, reference compounds and natural compounds) for scientific use；
- Structurally and synthetically diverse biologically active compounds；
- roduct quality is the key to our success and we take pride in offering only the highest-grade products.；
- We provide HNMR, LC-MS, HPLC, stability testing and activity assays of our products to clients.；
- Product identity, quality, purity and activity are assured by our robust quality control programs and procedures.；
- Customized order volume ranging from milligrams to kilograms scale；
Structurally and synthetically diverse biologically active compounds；
We provide customer-oriented services. To explore more, please contact us at [email protected]. Our team will gladly assist you.