For research use only. We do not sell to patients.
CAS No. : 159532-41-9
Biological Activity：Fluconazole (mesylate) is a triazole antifungal drug used in the treatment and prevention of superficial and systemic fungal infections.
Fluconazole (mesylate) is the mesylate salt form of fluconazole, which is a triazole antifungal intended for oral treatment of superficial and systemic mycoses. In tests done in standard mycological media, the compound had minimal inhibitory concentrations against pathogenic Candida species that were usually in excess of 100 mg/l. Fluconazole inhibited branching and hyphal development in C. albicans at concentrations as low as 10(-6) M (0.3 mg/l), but miconazole and ketoconazole were still active in these tests at concentrations 100 times lower than this . Oral fluconazole was not associated with a significantly increased risk of birth defects overall or of 14 of the 15 specific birth defects of previous concern. Fluconazole exposure may confer an increased risk of tetralogy of Fallot . Fluconazole is predicted to be ineffective against Cryptococcus gattii in the koala as a sole therapeutic agent administered at 10 mg/kg p.o. every 12 h .
Clinical indications: Balanitis; Candida infection; Cryptococcus infection; Cryptococcus neoformans meningitis; Dermatomycosis; Female genital tract infection; Fungal infection; Fungal respiratory tract infection; Fungal urinary tract infection; Prophylaxis; Tinea capitis; Tinea corporis; Tinea cruris; Tinea pedis .
Toxicity: Symptoms of overdose include hallucinations and paranoid behavior.
Related Small Molecules:Antifungal agent 20;Sandramycin;LLO (91-99);Gepotidacin;Oritavancin;Monascorubrin;Azlocillin sodium salt;Herbimycin A;Antibacterial agent 45;Debneyol;Leucomycin;Isouvaretin;Haloprogin;Antibacterial agent 99;Vidarabine monohydrate;Nafcillin;Antitubercular agent-28;Ochromycinone;Staurosporine;Nucleocidin;(±)-Leucine-13C-1;Ciclopirox-d11;Ciclopirox olamine
Trending products：Recombinant Proteins | Bioactive Screening Libraries | Natural Products | Fluorescent Dye | PROTAC | Isotope-Labeled Compounds | Oligonucleotides
- MedChemExpress (MCE) offers a wide range of high-quality research chemicals and biochemicals (novel life-science reagents, reference compounds and natural compounds) for scientific use；
- Structurally and synthetically diverse biologically active compounds；
- roduct quality is the key to our success and we take pride in offering only the highest-grade products.；
- We provide HNMR, LC-MS, HPLC, stability testing and activity assays of our products to clients.；
- Product identity, quality, purity and activity are assured by our robust quality control programs and procedures.；
- Customized order volume ranging from milligrams to kilograms scale；
Structurally and synthetically diverse biologically active compounds；
We provide customer-oriented services. To explore more, please contact us at [email protected] Our team will gladly assist you.